1. New student applications are accepted from March to May and processed in June. Mid-year transfer student applications are considered based on space availability and student’s language ability. For detailed information, please visit www.li-ming.org.
2. Eligibility: Parents should be able and willing to help students learn Chinese language and provide Mandarin environment at home; and
a. Children three years of age (born before September 1 of the year) who are toilet-trained are eligible to apply for the three-year-old preschool class.
b. Children four years of age (born before September 1 of the year) are eligible to apply for the four-year-old preschool class.
c. Children five years of age (born before September 1 of the year) are eligible to apply for the kindergarten class.
d. The siblings of current LMCA students and the children of LMCA language and extracurricular teachers have priority in admission to the three-year-old preschool class.
3. Class Size: maximum class size is 22. There are two exceptions:
a. The children of newly appointed LMCA language teachers, and
b. Current students who are recommended by their teachers to change class assignment.
1. Current students are required to complete registration for the following semester or academic year before the end of the current semester; otherwise, the space will not be guaranteed.
2. The registration policy and procedure for new and transfer students can be found in the Registration Notices.
II. Withdrawal and Refund
A. After evaluation of student’s behavior and consultation with the parents, the school may determine whether the student should be withdrawn from LMCA.
B. Refund policy for each student:
1. Withdrawal within four weeks before the start of the semester: a $15.00 administration charge will be assessed.
2. Withdrawal within three weeks before the start of the semester: a $30.00 administration charge will be assessed.
3. Withdrawal by the second week of the semester: 70% of the total amount of tuition and fees paid will be refunded.
4. Withdrawal by the third week of the semester: 60% of the total amount of tuition and fees paid will be refunded.
5. No refund after the third week of the semester.
6. The spring semester’s tuition and fees will be refunded if a student is withdrawn before the start of the spring semester and the full-year tuition and fees have been paid.
III. Attendance and Absence
The importance of consistent attendance is stressed in Li-Ming. It is difficult to attain academic achievement with poor attendance.
A. Parents or legal guardians should notify teachers before class in the case where their children will be absent, late or need to be dismissed early. Students or their parents or guardians have the responsibility to inquire and make up class work regardless of the reason for the absence. Students should complete and turn in their missed class assignments in the following class.
B. Students with six weeks or more absences per semester may be requested to withdraw from school.
C. Students or their parents or guardians should contact the appropriate teacher to arrange for makeup of a missed test within two weeks upon return to class. Otherwise, the student will lose credit for the test they missed.
A. Graduation is conducted once per school year in May.
B. Students who have successfully completed the 12th grade curriculum offered by LMCA and who are seniors or juniors in their local high school will be awarded a diploma.
V. Full Attendance Award
A. A student who has never been absent from classes during a given semester will receive a full attendance award.
B. A student who is late or departs early for more than twenty minutes for a class will be recorded as absent for that class.
C. Late arrival and early departure will be recorded on the attendance report. Students with late arrival or early departure records will not be eligible for the full attendance award.
D. Full attendance awards are given to students at the end of each semester.
E. There is a “whole year full attendance award” for students who receive the full attendance award for both semesters in the school year.